(back to top)
In order to participate in NTU's GEM Trailblazer Exchange and be part of our cosmopolitan and vibrant global community, you must:
- be registered as a full-time, matriculated student with one of our recognised exchange partners#
- have completed at least two semesters (one full year) in your home university, with proof of results
- have a B average grade or equivalent
- be nominated by your home university to go on exchange with NTU
- be proficient in the English language
# Please note that NTU only accepts students who are nominated by partner universities.
Important notes on Graduate(PG) and Direct Masters application(back to top)
- Students applying as Graduate(PG) MUST show proof of their Baccalaureate (Bachelor) degree at the point of application by submitting their official bachelor degree certificate. All PG students are only allowed to read PG courses.
- Students who are pursuing a Direct Master's degree at their home university shall apply as an undergraduate (UG) for the exchange programme. To read PG courses, you must have completed at least seven (7) semesters at your home university, and have met the necessary course pre-requisites. Submission of bachelor degree certificate is not required.
English Proficiency(back to top)
Proof of English language proficiency is not required for students who are native speakers of English, or where English is the core language of instruction in the home institution.
Below are the guidelines for the level of English proficiency best suited to studying at NTU:
- General Paper of the Singapore Cambridge GCE 'A' Level Examination (sat in 2007 onwards): A, B, C, D, E
- General Paper of the Singapore Cambridge GCE 'A' Level Examination (sat in 2006 or earlier): A1, A2, B3, B4, C5, C6
- IELTS: a minimum of 6 for the Writing sub-test
- TOEFL: a minimum of 570 (paper) or 90 (internet) or 237 (computer)
- SAT1: a minimum of 600 for the Verbal section; or 7 for the Essay section
- IB: a minimum of 4 for Higher Level English or 4 for Standard Level English
- MUET: Band 6 and a minimum of 50 for writing
- GEPT: High intermediate Stage 2 consisting of writing and speaking modules (applies to students from Taiwan universities only)
The guidelines are in place to ensure exchange students are suited to cope with the rigorous curriculum conducted in English. If you do not have any of the tests above, you may request for a letter from your home university, confirming your English proficiency and ability to follow classes in English.
Have questions? Send GEM Trailblazer a direct email here
We will get back to you as soon as possible.