Austria's location in Central Europe has provided it with a rich history in art, culture, literature, and philosophy. With the musical capital of the world, Vienna, as its capital, Austria is the perfect destination for those who want to walk the streets of legendary composers such as Beethoven, Schubert, Mozart. Quoted as being one of the "best cities", Vienna is considered a cultural capital – home to 9 UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Lying in the heart of Europe, Austria is also a gateway between Eastern and Western Europe and a central hub for travel and commerce.
About International Network for Educational Support in Higher Education (INNES) & The Programme
INNES Summer Schools 2018 offer programmes in many different fields: Art and Design, Water Resource Management, Urbanism, Business, Economy, Architecture, Food Design, Culture, Cross-Cultural Training, and much more. Participants will experience the exciting combination of a high-quality academic education provided by excellent international lecturers and a wide range of cultural and social activities. The Summer schools are the perfect environment for studying, applying the knowledge, making friends all over the world and networking for your future career.
For further information click here.
Vary according to programme. Please check the course catalog here to find out the start and end dates for the programme of your choice.
|Type of Programme|
Exchange: 8 spots
Varies with programmes. Please click here for more details.
Fee-paying students will enjoy 15% off tuition fee.
|Number of Placements|
Entry Requirements and Eligibility
- Applicants should meet the following cGPA at the point of application to be considered for the programme but this does not guarantee you a spot.
- cGPA of 2.5 for NTU students
- cGPA of 3.6 for NIE students
- For ADM students, please note only Year 3 and 4 ADM students will be considered for the programme.
- Priority will be given to Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Priority will be given to final year students.
- Students who have NEVER participated in any overseas exchange programme will be placed on a higher priority during the selection. All fee-paying Summer Studies/ Winter Studies/ Prelude/ Language Immersion Programmes are not considered as overseas exchange programmes.
- Evaluation by the school (if necessary).
|Credit Transfer Policy|
3 AUs towards the UE upon successful completion. No course matching required.
Important Notes on Credit Transfer:
Students who are transferring credits from another university must comply with the following requirements for graduation:
- Curricular requirements for his degree programme
- Minimum candidature period
- Minimum AU of graded courses
- Credits that are transferred to NTU are not graded courses and therefore do not count towards the minimum AU of graded courses.
- The total AU from graded courses that a student has earned to-date is shown in his degree audit.
- Minimum years of study spent at NTU.
- Minimum cGPA for graduation.
AU of graded courses that a student has earned to-date is shown in his degree audit.
For more details, please click here.
|NTU Financial Assistance|
- Ng Bok Eng Scholarship
- Overseas Student Programme OSP Loans
- Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA)
For more details, please click here
|1 week single / double room [6 nights]: EUR 280 / EUR 180 per person|
2 weeks single / double room [13 nights] EUR 380 / EUR 290 per person
3 weeks single / double room [20 nights] EUR 445 / EUR 355 per person
For more details, please click here .
|Visa Application |
|Student holding a Singapore passport do not need a visa. Other passport holders are to consult the Embassy to find out the type of visa needed to participate in the programme. |
Students are responsible to make sure they have the correct travel documents to enter the country of the host university.
All NTU students must ensure that they have the adequate health and travel insurance coverage according to the NTU guidelines. The minimum level of coverage required for travel is:
- Medical expenses (including hospitalisation and surgical): S$250,000 (outside ASEAN) or S$150,000 (within ASEAN);
- Emergency medical evacuation and repatriation: Unlimited;
- Personal liability: S$1,000,000 SGD.
The period that you should be insured is from the date you depart Singapore till the day you return to Singapore from your programme.
For more details, click here.
| It is an NTU legal requirement that each participant submit an indemnity form at least a week prior to your embarkation on a GEM Discoverer programme. |
You will need the following information and scanned copies of the documents (where applicable) to help you in completing the indemnity form:
- Bio-data page of your passport
- Insurance policy
- Flight itinerary or e-ticket
- Next-of-Kin contact information
- Key information on the programme you are participating in
For a step-by-step guide, click here.
Withdrawal from Programme
GEM Discoverer reserves the right to impose a S$500 penalty should you withdraw after your formal acceptance without a valid reason. This also applies to fee-paying programmes especially when your school has reviewed your course matching requests. You may also be placed on a lower priority for other GEM Discoverer programmes in future if you withdraw without a valid reason.
In addition, please note that your host university may impose high cancellation fees, which GEM Discoverer has no control or influence over. Please check the host university website for details.
|How do I apply ?|
|Please apply via StudentLink > Academic Matters > Student Exchange > GEM Discoverer Online Application Module or click here. |
Email and late applications will not be entertained.
|Back to top ^|