Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

​​​​​​​I do not have a photocopy of the Particulars page of Passport ("Passport Details") or Identification Card with me. Is there any other document that I can use as an alternative?

You can either provide details of your Student Matriculation Card or Student Pass issued by your University/Institute or any other documents that can help us to validate your identity.

What do I need to do in order to stay in Singapore?

You are required to obtain a Training Employment Pass (TEP) for your stay in Singapore during the Research Internship Programme. You have to apply this pass through NTU upon successful acceptance of your application and it will expire upon completion of your Research Internship Programme. You should approach NTU India Connect Office via for assistance if you wish to extend your stay.

You may refer to this page for more details on TEP.

Can I request for a change in my NTU-India Connect Research Internship Programme period?

Yes, you may but your request for changes in period will be subject to approval on a case-by-case basis.​

What is an Academic Referee's report and who should I get it from?

An Academic Referee’s report is a 1-page letter of recommendation typically written by a Professor to highlight a student's academic history, character and academic and/or career goals. The letter expands upon a student's report card or transcript, providing insight into what kind of student you are and/or what kind of potential employee you will be. You are required to submit two sets of this report from two different Referees.

Why is a Recommendation Letter from International Relations Office necessary?

All applications have to come through an University/Institute. A letter from your University/Institute’s International Relations Office (i.e. Recommendation Letter, No objection letter) is to ensure that your University/Institute is agreeable to support you in this internship with NTU.

My University/Institute does not have a specific office to handle international relations. What is my alternative?

NTU will be able to accept a recommendation letter from either your University/Institute’s Student Affairs or Academic Affairs Office as an alternative.

I was not able to find the Research Proposal I want in the drop down menu. What should I do?

Please write to with details of the research proposal and supervising professor you have intention to apply. We will have it listed in the On-line Application portal.

Can I apply for three projects from three different schools? 

Yes, you may. However, these three projects will have to relate to what you are currently pursuing now.

What should I do if I cannot reduce the file size of my transcript to 600 KB?

Please consider scanning your transcripts in black and white instead as the system is not able to accept attachment file exceeding 600KB.

Do I need to take up any health insurance?

You will need need to subscribe to the NTU Group Hospitalisation & Surgical Insurance (GHSI) if you are successful in the application, although you may have similar insurance in your home country.

Falling ill and being hospitalised in Singapore can be a financial drain on international students as they are not entitled to the medical subsidies that Singapore citizens enjoy. Besides the coverage that GHSI provides, the GHSI (subject to its terms and conditions) allows you to request a Letter of Guarantee from the underwriter and present it in lieu of the requisite deposit upon admission to government/restructured hospitals in Singapore.

For more information on GHSI, please visit this page.

Share Article