Welcome to NTU-India Connect Research Internship Programme
The NTU-India Connect Research Internship Programme is a university-wide short-term research programme that lasts for 2 to 6 months. It is initiated to enable undergraduate and graduate students from Indian universities and institutes of higher learning to pursue their research interest at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU). Students of this programme will work under the supervision of NTU faculty, develop a strong research interest and expertise in a given research field, experience multicultural living, gain a network of friends and a better understanding of Singapore.
Eligible students may be given an allowance and
are expected to fulfil a minimum of 2 months research attachment involving
research project work at NTU. Student will also receive a certificate issued by
NTU-India Connect office upon completion of the programme.
Please read the following important note before applying:
NTU-India Connect Research Internship Programme 2018 will fall within the following periods:-
- Batch 1 (3rd January 2018 to 1st June 2018)
- Batch 2 (8th May 2018 to 13th July 2018)
- Batch 3 (1st August 2018 to 31st December 2018)
For Batch 1 and 3, students are encouraged to stay for a minimum of 5 months.
For Batch 2, students are encouraged to stay for a minimum of 2 months.
The opening and closing dates for NTU-India Connect Research Internship Programme 2018 is stated below.
- Batch 1 (15th July 2017 to 31 August 2017)
- Batch 2 (1st November 2017 to 31st December 2017)
- Batch 3 (1st February 2018 to 31st March 2018)
- Open to Pre-final year graduates / undergraduates who have not studied in NTU previously.
|Qualification||Duration||Eligible period |
| B Tech / B.Sc. (Degree) ||4 years||Pre-final year - End of 3rd year|
|M Tech / M.Sc. (Master)||2 years||Pre-final year - End of 1st year|
|M + B / M.Sc. + B.Sc. |
|5 years||Pre-final year - End of 4th year|
- Students must possess good academic track records.
- Students must be a student pursuing his / her studies in an Indian University / Institute of higher learning upon the period of his / her internship with NTU.
- Students that meet the minimum requirement with scholarships, publication and internship experiences will be given preference.
- Student must indicate THREE Research Titles that he / she would like to apply for and the NTU Supervisor whom he / she wishes to work with. Please browse through the List of Research Titles and Supervisors for details. Only Research Titles stated on the website will be considered.
- Please get ready the Academic Referee Letter (2 of such letters will be required) and Recommendation Letter for submission with your application. Please upload the Academic Referee Letters and Recommendation Letter upon application if available. Otherwise, it must be submitted via email to email@example.com within 10 days after your online application submission. Late and / or incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Student will be referred to suggested faculty for their consent and if agreed internship offer will be made. Students who intend to have an internship for a longer period (> 2months) must have a supervisor at the home institution and the supervisors at both institutions must come to a common understanding about the research project before the application is being considered.
- Before submitting the online application, please check that the information you have entered is accurate. You cannot make any changes to the online application once it has been submitted.
- If any required document is not submitted, or submitted in the wrong way, your application will not be assessed. For example, if your transcript from any one year or semester are missing your documentation is incomplete and therefore will not be assessed.
- Please take note of your application number; this will serve as your reference for tracking of your application status.
- Please use Internet Explorer to submit your application.
- If your home University / Institute is not listed in our online portal, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The grant is tenable only for the duration of the programme at NTU. The grant may cover all or part of the following:
- One-time travel support to the extent of SGD300.
- A double occupancy accommodation inside or outside NTU (subject to availability).
- SDG300 per month (paid out on a monthly basis). A proportional amount will be given if your stay is less than a month.
- Reimbursement of miscellaneous fees such as Training Employment Pass (TEP) Application, TEP issuance & Visa fee, Matriculation Card, IT Facilities Fee, Registration Fee, University Copyright Fee and Group Hospitalisation & Surgical Insurance (GHSI) Scheme with the final financial allowance pay-out.
Accommodation on-campus may be provided within the programme dates indicated. Accommodation is subject to availability for any period outside the programme date indicated. Students who are unable to secure accommodation on campus may source the same through the Off-Campus Accommodation System (OCAS)
. Information on renting accommodation off-campus can be found here
Notes for International Students
International applicants are advised to look up important information such as, immigration, accommodation, cost of living, emergency hotlines, insurance, and the Pre-departure Guide book.
Training Employment Pass (TEP)
All international students are required to obtain a valid TEP issued by Ministry of Manpower (MOM) in order to participate in NTU-India Connect Research Internship Programme.
For more information, please visit the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) website. More details will be given by the choice of your school to the short-listed students.
Campus Map and Location
Our campus is easily accessible by many modes of public transport. Click here to find out how to visit our campus.
Students will apply via the NTU Online Application System. Any other form of submission would not be accepted.