Welcome to NTU-India Connect Research Internship Programme
The NTU-India Connect Research Internship Programme is a university-wide short-term research programme lasting for 2 to 6 months. It is initiated to enable undergraduate and graduate students from Indian Universities and Institutes of higher learning to pursue research at NTU. Participants of this programme will work under the supervision of NTU faculty, develop a strong research interest and expertise in a given research field, experience multicultural living, gain a network of friends and a better understanding of Singapore.
Eligible students may be given an allowance, and are expected to fulfil a minimum of 8 weeks research attachment comprising research project work at NTU. All participants will receive a certificate issued by NTU upon completion of the programme.
NTU-India Connect Research Internship Programme 2017 will fall within the following periods:-
- Batch 1 (3rd January 2017 to 1st June 2017)
- Batch 2 (8th May 2017 to 15th July 2017)
- Batch 3 (20 July 2017 to 31 December 2017)
For batch 1 and 3 student are encourage to stay for a minimum of 5 months.
The opening and closing date for NTU-India Research Internship Programme 2017 will be as per stated below.
- Batch 1 (1st August 2016 to 15 October 2016)
- Batch 2 (1st December 2016 to 15 February 2017)
- Batch 3 (16th February 2016 to 30 April 2017)
- Open to Pre-final year graduate / undergraduates who have not studied in NTU Singapore previously.
- Applicants must possess good academic track records.
- Applicants must be a student perusing his / her studies in an Indian University / Institution.
Students may select the projects listed here and submit the online application. Please email all the necessary supporting documents listed in the checklist with three names of the faculty whom you would like to work with, to Prof. B.V.R. Chowdari, Senior Executive Director, President's Office at email@example.com Those shortlisted candidates will be referred to suggested faculty for their consent and if agreed internship offer will be made. If we do not receive a complete set of application and supporting documents, your application will not be considered.
Those students who intend to have the internship for longer period (> 2months) must have a supervisor at the home institution and the supervisors at both institutions must come to a common understanding about the research project before the application being considered. A recommendation letter from International Relations office is require.
The grant is tenable only for the duration of the programme at NTU. Each grant may cover the following in full or partial:
- One-time travel support to the extent of SGD300.
- A single / double occupancy accommodation inside or outside the University (subject to availability).
- SDG300 per month (paid out on a monthly basis). Should your stay either be less or more than a month the amount will be proportional.
- Reimbursement of miscellaneous fees such as TEP Application, Matriculation Card, IT Facilities Fee, Registration Fee, University Copyright Fee and Group Hospitalisation & Surgical Insurance (GHSI) Scheme with the final financial allowance pay-out.
Accommodation on campus may be provided within the programme dates indicated. Accommodation is subject to the availability for any period outside the programme date indicated. Those students who cannot get accommodation on campus may source the same through the Off-Campus Accommodation System (OCAS). Information on renting accommodation off-campus can be found here.
Notes for International Students
International applicants are advised to look up important information such as, pre-departure checklist,immigration, accommodation, cost of living, emergency hotlines, insurance, etc. or refer to the SAO-Student Support's website. The Pre-departure Guide book for International Students can be found on the website.
Training Employment Pass (TEP)
All international students are required to obtain a valid Training Employment Pass issued by Ministry of Manpower (MOM) in order to participate in NTU-India Connect Programme.
For more information, please visit the website of the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA). More details will be given by the choice of your school to short-listed applicants.
Campus Map and Location
Our campus is easily accessible by many modes of public transport. Click here to find out how to visit our campus.