Immigration Matters

​​GEM Trailblazer - Study
All international exchange students who have been accepted and offered a place as a full-time matriculated or registered student are required to hold a valid Student's Pass issued by the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA).

You will be notified of the Student's Pass application procedures via the GEM Trailblazer Exchange/Study Abroad Portal. More information on the Student's Pass can be found here.

Note: Inbound students holding Student's Pass are NOT ALLOW​ED to work during the exchange period.


​​GEM Trailblazer -  Research

If you are successfully placed in a research project, you are required hold a Training Employment Pass (TEP) or a Work Holiday Pass (WHP).

TEP can be applied via the school that the research project is under (subject to the Ministry of Manpower's approval.)

WHP is applicable only to full-time students of all nationalities studying in selected universities from a list of selected countries/territories


Share Article