NTU has a total of 24 Halls of Residence on campus, housing some 10,200 undergraduates at any one time. They are similarly styled accommodation and are co-ed by floor or wing.
Summer students shall be housed on campus based on double occupancy at the following rates, based on the duraction of their summer programme:
|Duration of Summer Programme||2-week||4-week||6-week|
|Dates||26 Jun - 13 Jul 2019 / 10 Jul - 27 Jul 2019||26 Jun - 27 Jul 2019||24 Jun - 3 Aug 2019|
|No. of nights per stay||17||31||45|
|On-campus accomodation charges||$510||$930||$1,350|
All fees quoted are exclusive of the 7% Goods and Services Tax (GST).
1. It is
compulsory for students to be housed in on-campus accommodation allocated to them.
2. While there are no meal plans available and no fully equipped kitchen at the hall for students to cook their meals, students can purchase economically-priced meals at any one of the numerous Hall of Residence canteens, convenience stores or food outlets located all around NTU. Refer to this listing for places to eat on campus.
3. Price quoted above is inclusive of hall application fees, JCRC fees and air-conditioner card (pre-paid card for air-con usage).
4. Self-selection and changing of rooms is not allowed. Room-mates are allotted randomly by same gender.
5. It is recommend for Summer students to check-in to their allocated Hall of Residences on the day of allocation check-in.
6-week programme – check in on 19 June 2019
4-week programme – check in on 26 June 2019
2-week programme – check in on 26 June or 10 July 2019
6. Check-ins at the Hall of Residences are available from
Mon to Fri, 8am to 5pm
only. Students who are arriving earlier or later then the stipulated check-in timing are required to source for temporary off-campus housing. Alternatively, students may check with Nanyang Executive Centre (NEC) located within NTU for room availability.
7. Students who are intending to arrive before the notified check-in date, or stay in Singapore beyond the notifed programme end-datewill need to source for their own accommodation, as the period of stay in the Halls of Residence in NTU is strictly determined by the duration of the summer programme stipulated in the Letter of Enrolment.
For more details on NTU's Halls of Residences, please click
NTU Hall of Residences - Room Layout
Rooms are furnished with a bed, mattress, study table, chair, wardrobe, bookshelf and soft board (to pin notes, etc). Each room is fitted with window coverings such as venetian blinds or curtains, lighting and a fan.
There are phone jacks and Ethernet connections in each room. You have to bring or buy your own LAN cable for wired LAN connection in the rooms. WIFI is available at the common areas in the halls of residence. Other fittings may be provided and these vary from hall to hall.
Note: Bed-linen, blankets and pillows will NOT be provided. Students will have to purchase their own bed-linen, pillows and blankets when they arrive in NTU. You may refer to this suggested packing list.
Recommended Personal Items To Bring
A list of recommended items for students to bring during their stay here can be found below:
- Shower tote bucket
- Towels, washcloths (recommended 2 sets for changing)
- Shower shoes
- Single-size bed linens, blanket, pillow, pillow cases
- Laundry bag & detergent
- Laptop & Internet cable
- Padlocks (Students are advised not to leave any valuable items in the room or lock their valuables away safely while they are not in the room)
Type your questions into our ASK search engine or browse our categories for quick answers.
Still have questions?
Send us a direct email here.