Welcome to NTU-India Connect Research Internship Programme
The NTU-India Connect Research Internship Programme is a university-wide short-term research programme that lasts for 2 to 6 months. It is initiated to enable undergraduate and graduate students from Indian universities and institutes of higher learning to pursue their research interest at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU). Students of this programme will work under the supervision of NTU faculty, develop a strong research interest and expertise in a given research field, experience multicultural living, gain a network of friends and a better understanding of Singapore.
Eligible students may be given an allowance and are expected to fulfil a minimum of 2 months research attachment involving research project work at NTU. Student will also receive a certificate issued by NTU-India Connect office upon completion of the programme.
Please read the following important note before applying:
For students applying for 2019 internship:
|||Batch 1||Batch 2||Batch 3|
|Duration||5 months||2 months||5 months|
|Internship Period*||3 January 2019 - |
31 May 2019
|8 May 2019 - |
12 July 2019
|1 August 2019 - |
31 December 2019
* Please note that the start and end date for the internship period is fixed and has to be strictly followed.
- Open to Pre-final year graduates / undergraduates who have not studied in NTU previously.
Eligible period |
B Tech / B.Sc. (Degree) ||4 years||Pre-final year - End of 3rd year|
|M Tech / M.Sc. (Master)||2 years||
Pre-final year - End of 1st year|
|M Tech+ B Tech / |
M.Sc. + B.Sc.
Pre-final year - End of 4th year
- Students must have a minimum CGPA of 8.50/10.00.
- Students must possess good academic track records.
- Must be a student pursuing his / her studies in an Indian University / Institute of higher learning upon the period of his / her internship with NTU. (Must be a current student at their Home University during the internship period)
- Students that meet the minimum requirement with scholarships, publication and internship experiences will be given preference.
- Student must indicate THREE Research Titles that he/she would like to apply for and the NTU Supervisor whom he/she wishes to work with. Please browse through the List of Research Titles and Supervisors
for details. Only Research Titles stated on the website will be considered.
- The Academic Referee Letters (2 of such letters will be required) and Recommendation Letter are mandatory for submission of your application. Please have them ready upon completing the application form. Uploading of duplicate and / or wrongly attached document / late and / or incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Student will be referred to suggested faculty for their consent and if agreed internship offer will be made. Students who intend to have an internship for a longer period (> 2months) must have a supervisor at the home institution and the supervisors at both institutions must come to a common understanding about the research project before the application is being considered.
- Before submitting the online application, please check that the information you have entered is accurate. You
cannot make any changes to the online application once it has been submitted.
- If any required document is not submitted, or submitted in the wrong way, your application will not be assessed. For example, if your transcript from any one year or semester are missing your documentation is incomplete and therefore will not be assessed.
- Please take note of your application number; this will serve as your reference for tracking of your application status.
- Please use Internet Explorer to submit your application.
- If your home University / Institute is not listed in our online portal, please drop us an email at
The financial support provided by NTU-India Connect Office is tenable only for the duration of the Research Internship Programme at NTU.
The financial support may cover the following:
- Reimbursement of miscellaneous fees such as Training Employment Pass (TEP) Application, TEP issuance & Visa fee, Matriculation Card, IT Facilities Fee, Registration Fee, University Copyright Fee and Group Hospitalisation & Surgical Insurance (GHSI) Scheme with the final financial allowance pay-out.
- A double occupancy accommodation inside or outside NTU (subject to availability).
Due to overwhelming demand and limited resources, the following financial support will be provided to selected students only
- SGD300 per month (paid out on a monthly basis). A proportional amount will be given if your stay is less than a month.
- One-time travel support to the extent of SGD300.
Accommodation on-campus may be provided within the programme dates indicated. Accommodation is subject to availability for any period outside the programme date indicated. Students who are unable to secure accommodation on campus may source the same through the Off-Campus Accommodation System (OCAS)
. Information on renting accommodation off-campus can be found here
Notes for International Students
International applicants are advised to look up important information such as,
immigration, accommodation, cost of living, emergency hotlines, insurance, and the Pre-departure Guide book.
Training Employment Pass (TEP)
All international students are required to obtain a valid TEP issued by Ministry of Manpower (MOM) in order to participate in NTU-India Connect Research Internship Programme.
For more information, please visit the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) website. More details will be given by the choice of your school to the short-listed students.
Campus Map and Location
Our campus is easily accessible by many modes of public transport. Click here to find out how to visit our campus.