Welcome to India Connect@NTU Research Internship Programme
The India Connect@NTU Research Internship Programme is a university-wide short-term research programme that lasts for 2 to 6 months. The main objective of the Programme is to enable undergraduate and graduate students from Indian universities and institutes of higher learning to pursue their research interest at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU). Students admitted to this Programme will work under the supervision of NTU faculty, develop a strong research interest and expertise in a given research field, experience multicultural living, gain a network of friends and a better understanding of Singapore.
Eligible students are expected to fulfil a minimum of 2 months research attachment involving a research project work at NTU. Students will also receive a certificate issued by India Connect@NTU office upon completion of the programme.
Please read the following important notes before applying:
For students applying for 2021 internship:
|||Spring Term||Summer Term||Fall Term|
|Duration||5 months||2 months||5 months|
4 January 2021 -
4 June 2021
10 May 2021 - 9 July 2021
|3 August 2021 - |
31 December 2021
* Please note that the start and end dates for the internship period are fixed and must be followed strictly.
- Open to Pre-final year graduates / undergraduates who have not studied at NTU previously.
Eligible period |
B Tech / B.Sc. (Degree) ||4 years||Must have completed at least 5 semesters of undergraduate degree|
|M Tech / M.Sc. (Master)||2 years||Must have completed at least 2 semesters of Postgraduate degree|
|M Tech+ B Tech / |
M.Sc. + B.Sc.
Must have completed at least 7 semesters of a 10-semesters programme
- Students must possess good academic track records.
- Students must be pursuing their studies in an Indian University / Institute of higher learning during the period of his / her internship with NTU. (Must be a current student at their Home University during the internship period)
- Students that meet the minimum requirements with scholarships, publication and internship experiences will be given preference.
- Student must indicate THREE Research Titles that he/she would like to apply for and the NTU Supervisor whom he/she wishes to work with. Please browse through the List of Research Titles and Supervisors
for details. Only Research Titles stated on the website will be considered.
- The Academic Referee Letters (2 such letters are required) and Recommendation Letter are mandatory for submission of your application. Please have them ready upon completing the application form. Uploading of duplicate and / or wrongly attached document / late and / or incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Student will be referred to suggested faculty members for their consent and if mutually agreed, internship offer will be made. Students who intend to have an internship for a longer period (> 2months) must have a supervisor at the home institution, and the supervisors at both institutions must come to a common understanding about the research project before the application is considered.
- Before submitting the online application, please check that the information you have entered is accurate. You
cannot make any changes to the online application once it is submitted.
- If any required document is not submitted, or submitted in the wrong way, your application will not be processed. For example, if your transcripts from any one year or semester are missing, your documentation is deemed incomplete and therefore will not be processed.
- Please take note of your application number which will serve as your reference for tracking your application status.
- Please use Internet Explorer to submit your application.
- If your home University / Institute is not listed in our online portal, please drop us an email at
Notes for International Students
International applicants are advised to look up important information such as immigration, accommodation, cost of living, emergency hotlines, insurance, and the Pre-departure Guide book.
Training Employment Pass (TEP)
All international students are required to obtain a valid TEP issued by the Singapore Ministry of Manpower (MOM) in order to participate in the India Connect@NTU Research Internship Programme. All relevant costs are stated in the website by the Singapore Ministry of Manpower.
For more information, please visit the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) website. More details will be given to the shortlisted students by the choice of your school.
On-campus accommodation will be allocated to successful applicants within the programme dates indicated. Please click here for the accommodation costs for Student Housing. Accommodation is subject to availability for any period outside the programme dates indicated. Students who are unable to secure accommodation on campus may source the same through the Off-Campus Accommodation System (OCAS). Information on renting accommodation off-campus can be found here.
Students are required to pay 1 semester's Miscellaneous fees during their internship period at NTU.
|||Lab based programme||LKCMedicine students only|
|SGD $224.15||SGD $231.00|
Campus Map and Location
Our campus is easily accessible by many modes of public transport. Click here to find out how to visit our campus.
The India Connect@NTU Office does not engage any 3rd party agent / organization / company to represent the university or work with any 3rd party agent / organization / company to encourage the participation in our internship programme. All India Connect@NTU related correspondences, notifications and e-mails are sent by authorised personnel from the India Connect@NTU Office. For information on our programme and applications procedures, please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.